Field Application Specialist
Binding Site manufactures a wide range of innovative products for plasma protein analysis:
Freelite® is a novel and highly significant tumor marker increasingly used for the diagnosis and monitoring of Multiple Myeloma, a cancer of cells in the bone marrow. Multiple Myeloma is the second most common blood cancer after non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Currently there are approximately 3.3 million pairs of Freelite® tests performed annually worldwide (Aug 10) with the number of analyses increasing at a rate of around 30% per year.
Binding Site is a market leader in the development of products for the investigation of Primary Immunodeficiency Disease (PID), disorders in which part of the body's immune system is missing or not functioning correctly. The current range of specialized products includes assays to measure specific antibody response to vaccination and assays to quantify immunoglobulins and IgG and IgA subclasses in human serum.
The SPAPLUS is a fully automated, easy-to-use, bench top, turbidimetric protein analyzer for the specialist Freelite® and IgG subclass assays that Binding Site is well-known for, plus an expanding range of exciting new assays. The reliable, low maintenance SPAPLUS complements your automated chemistry line as well as your special chemistry testing. A new analyze, Optilite® will soon be launched.
Binding Site is committed to disease state management and clinical practice guidelines. Binding Site's team of medical professionals have the exceptional expertise and practical experience to assist with technical and clinical education and training, from validation to implementation and beyond, giving clinicians and laboratory staff the tools to significantly improve diagnosis and management of patients.
The Benelux office is located in Antwerp, Belgium.
• Doing instrument demonstration (field base or Office);
• Handling and managing technical enquiries and complaint in conjunction with other Technical Support Specialists and Product Manager;
• Involvement in product improvement/change processes in liaison with Product Manager;
• Involvement in Sales process , as a support; with Account Manager;
• A relevant Scientific degree (or equivalent) in Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology…
• Clinical laboratory experience (Customer Services- is an plus)
• Valid driving license
• The ability to travel on an infrequent basis
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Dutch and English)
• An organized and structured working approach
• The ability to analyze and interpret data
• Excellent presentation skills
• Interesting bonus system, paid every quarter;
• Company car;
• Laptop, Mobile phone, Internet;
• 27 Holidays.
If you are interested in this position and would like to know more about it, please contact:
Marco Pachen, Senior Recruitment Consultant
T: +32 473 98 21 47