Lead Silicon processing
In this role, we expect you, as our Lead Silicon Processing, to:
- Manage and steer the entire qualification process of the nanoFluidic Processor, including silicon chip and the nano-fluidic package
- Manage the transfer of the silicon manufacturing technology process to a tier-1 fabless foundry partner
- Define and execute on the production test strategy and its implementation
- Support field returns: analyse and root cause of defects returned from the field or manufacturing
- Define and execute silicon to package interface including necessary nano-fluidics components
- Manage supply chain manufacturing partners (technology, capacity, support, cost and quality)
- Collaborate within the larger miDiagnostics product development team and cascade production (test) requirements into silicon device architectures
- Manage and work collaboratively with R&D, foundry, packaging and test partners to develop product manufacturing flow(s), with a focus on manufacturability, reliability, cost and yield
- Define and analyse in-line and end-of-line metrology and characterization data to drive decision making and prioritization
- Manage timeline and resources according to agreed development plan
- Clearly communicate towards product development team, senior management, technical partners and suppliers regarding technical status, issues, and planning
- Adapt quickly to new technical challenges or business requirements
- Work efficiently in a multidisciplinary environment with engineers and scientists focusing on design, systems and applications aspects
- You have a master’s or preferably a PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mechanical Engineering or a related technical field
- You have at least 10 years of working experience in multiple silicon process engineering areas and yield improvement in a semiconductor foundry or IDM
- You bring the experience to qualify a silicon product and apply industry-standard processes (i.e. JEDEC)
- You are familiar with silicon process technology and manufacturing, where expertise in MEMS technologies is a significant plus.
- You have a proven track record of managing complex silicon products through industry-standard qualification flows, including silicon and package reliability requirements.
- Experience in packaging technology is a plus.
- You have experience in managing a small on-site engineering team, external contractors, and multiple international Tier 1 supply chain partners
- You show a hands-on approach with excellent engineering and project management skills
- You are able to take initiative and work independently, while being part of a team
- You have excellent communication skills
- Experience in collaborating within a multidisciplinary team including design, system and application engineers and biologists is essential.
- An excellent knowledge of English is a must (spoken and written)
- You feel comfortable in a start-up environment and you can easily switch from one task to another
- You appreciate working in an open space amongst enthusiastic, multidisciplinary and international colleagues
- Full-time job at a fast-growing and ambitious start-up in the medical diagnostics industry.
- Market competitive salary and benefits package.
- miDiagnostics is an international-oriented company with close connections to two world-class research institutions (imec and Johns Hopkins University).
- Opportunity to grow in a new and exciting cutting-edge field in point-of-care diagnostics.
- Our offices are located in Leuven (Belgium). Relocation to Belgium is needed.
T: +32 497 57 08 94