Field Application Scientist
• Provides technical support for MaxCyte product lines and services by answering customer technical inquiries. Inquiries may be received via telephone, email, and/or web chat.
• Conducts product demonstrations, installations and training at customer sites.
• Designs experiments, troubleshoots customer problems, develops and recommends solutions.
• Works collaboratively with the sales and marketing team with pre-sale and post-sale activities to promote MaxCyte technology, and drive instrument and consumable sales. Develops sales leads through customer conversations and meetings.
• Presents technical and product information at conferences and during customer field visits.
• Makes recommendations for future process improvements, and implements those actions accordingly. Identifies new applications for the MaxCyte technology.
• Analyzes, interprets, and reviews customer data to support sales.
• Accurately records pertinent information from customer interactions and follows up to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Presents technical updates to colleagues and contributes to department meetings.
• Works collaboratively across the business to build partnerships with the marketing, technical, and sales teams to ensure high customer satisfaction.
• Sets up, troubleshoots, and repairs laboratory instruments. Performs instrument calibrations and upgrades. Identifies, documents and communicates new competitive activities, products or field activities / strategies to the internal scientific and marketing team.
• Performs regular literature reviews and identifies key opinion leaders in MaxCyte’s major application areas.
• Complies with all applicable policies regarding health, safety and environmental policies.
• Hands-on knowledge of primary (mammallian) cell isolation and culture, and genome-editing such as CRISPR/Cas9 a distinct advantage.
• Working knowledge of protein production, HTS-scale cell culture, cell-based screening assay formats and process flow would be beneficial.
• Experience in a customer facing role preferred.
• Robust trouble shooting skills.
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate effectively with customers and internal teams.
• Proactive; works under minimal supervision.
• Ability to travel internationally ~ 50-70%.
Terms of employment
Telephone: +31 (0)6 51 127 932