Account Manager Central Germany
Their innovative analytical solutions for cell and protein biology enable their customers to see more, do more, and know more, and to answer life's most important questions.
They are one of the world’s leading providers of high-performance bioanalytical measurement solutions for life science research, pharmaceutical and biotherapeutic development. With over 130,000 placements in laboratories around the world, their instruments have catalyzed brilliant scientific research described in over 25,000 peer reviewed publications. Included within a broad product portfolio are platforms for high-throughput screening, genomic and cellular analysis, colony selection and microplate detection. These leading-edge products empower scientists to improve productivity and effectiveness, ultimately accelerating research and the discovery of new therapeutics.
Their headquarters are in Silicon Valley, the hub of technology and innovation, with offices around the globe employing close to 1,000 highly skilled and passionate associates.
Molecular Devices is part of the Danaher Life Sciences Platform.
- Direct Territory Deliverables
- Achieve Annual Quota in designated territory;
- Achieve Monthly Quota in designated territory;
- Provide prompt and accurate forecasts as requested;
- Participate to programmed funnel reviews and marketing reviews when requested;
- Provide all reports when requested by manager within set timescales/deadlines;
- Develop and maintain accurate Territory Plan.
- To identify, qualify, develop, support and close sales of the Molecular Devices system portfolio (Bioresearch = Plate readers, liquid handling products, microarray scanners, threshold technology and associated software and reagents);
- Maintain a high level of technical and application competence of Molecular Devices products;
- Provide monthly revenue and product forecasting, quarterly plans of action, status, and expense reports;
- Additional tasks are product demonstrations at customers site, maintenance of the prospect database (SFDC) and existing customer list, close liaison with the rest of the team to ensure seamless customer and attendance of trade shows
The optimal candidate has:
- A BSc degree, preferably in life science technology with a (molecular) biology background or equivalent as well as at least 2 years of sales experience including sales of capital equipment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly in areas of negotiation, persuasion, research & problem solving
- A high level of motivation with demonstrative interpersonal, presentation and organization skills
- The ability to work with a high degree of independence while being hungry for success
- A good level of written and spoken German and English
- A Clean driving license
- The aptitude to regularly travel and work away from home nationally and occasionally internationally
If you are interested in this position and would like to know more about it, please contact:
Martin Fleckenstein, Recruitment Consultant
T: +49 170 896 1986