Biotalys was established in January 2013 as a spin-off of VIB (Flanders Institute for Biotechnology), and is backed by a syndicate of renowned life sciences investors. A highly experienced and dedicated team warrants the successful development of the company.
The growing demand for healthy, safe and sustainable food has increasingly imposed restrictions on agricultural practices. Therefore, improving food production efficiency in a sustainable way, while safeguarding the environment and its natural resources, is essential.
- A PhD degree in biochemistry, or other related biological sciences with at least 3 years of postdoctoral or industrial experience, or a Master degree with at least 5 years of relevant industry experience is required
- Demonstrated successful experience in protein or antibody structural/functional characterization research; experience in an industry setting is preferred
- Demonstrated experience or keen interest in Quality by Design is considered a plus
- A strong background in the theory and practice of protein biochemistry, excellent problem-solving skills and a thorough understanding of protein biochemistry, protein handling, purification and characterization
- A strong scientific understanding of functional-structural biochemical inter-relationship, conceptual and technical expertise in stress tests and state of the art antibody analysis and screening technologies (e.g. ELISA, Flow Cytometry, OCTET, SPR, spectroscopic and other physico-chemical techniques)
- Able to act as an intellectual resource for her/his area of expertise by supporting assay troubleshooting and improve analytical methods as needed. Data interpretation and basic statistical analysis
- Perform method pre-qualification, author analytical test methods, qualification protocols/reports, review stability protocol/reports and lead method transfer to Quality Control laboratory
- Excellent data management, written and presentation skills and strong team player
- A creative mind to solve scientific problems
T: +32 497 57 08 94