Since its foundation in 1947 by Henry Foster Charles River Laboratories has grown into a market leader in the field of preclinical and clinical laboratory services. Amongst Charles River Laboratories customers are leading pharmaceutical, biotechnological, agrochemical, governmental, and academic organization around the globe. To achieve always the best solution for its customers Charles River Laboratories employs more than 17.000 people worldwide and operates more than 90 facilities in more than 20 countries. Charles River Laboratories has supported the development of ~85% of all drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
The Business Development Manager – Safety is the central point of contact for the customer when new projects are set up. He/She is responsible for setting up and coordinating a team comprising sales force, scientific experts, client managers and potentially further participants. Together with the team he is defining and meeting the customer needs and identifies the best facility for the customer to perform the services.
Besides the support and development of existing customers identification and acquisition of new customers are parts of the Business Development Managers activities.
Education and Background:
• Master’s degree in a life-science related subject, PhD preferred
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant sales experience
• Experience in the CRO environment is a plus
• Knowledge about regulations and preclinical testing is a plus
• Fluency in German and English is a must
• To succeed in this position you have to be a networker and team player
• You should also be stress resistant and able to set the right priorities
• You also need a high level of self-confidence, being able to communicate potential problems to a customer
• Taking the lead and coordinating a team should be natural to you
• You have to be a self-starter who sees and seizes opportunities
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary package including a motivating, uncapped bonus scheme as well as secondary benefits. A company car, a mobile phone and the equipment of your home office are also provided by Charles River Laboratories.
If you are interested in this position and would like to know more about it, please contact:
Hannah Baumbach - RS
T: +49 171 8280180
Martin Fleckenstein - RC
T : +49 (0) 170 896 1986
vacature - vacancy - functie - positie – position – BDM – Business Development Manager – Sales – Vertrieb – CRO – CRA – Services – Toxicology – Toxikologie – Testing – Drug Discovery – Safety – Drug Safety – Medikamentensicherheit – Präklinische Studien – preclinical testing – Pharma - pharmazeutisch