Business Development Manager EU
After Mercachem and Syncom joined their forces in 2017, the resulting MercachemSyncom Group became the premier European mid-sized CRO offering innovative best-in-class chemistry solutions. MercachemSyncom Group has a proven track record of almost 30 years supporting leading pharma and biotechnology companies with innovative and complex medicinal chemistry programs. Starting as a chemistry service provider, the Group has transformed into an integrated drug discovery CRO offering innovative chemistry, medicinal chemistry, library synthesis, early process research services and cGMP manufacturing services to accelerate the drug discovery and development process in a flexible and cost-effective way. Furthermore, the Group has developed independently novel chemical matter in a number of areas, including CDK8 and Tankyrase which will be further developed in milestone-based partnerships. MercachemSyncom is recognized as a world leader in chiral chemistry with a strong focus on chiral resolution technology. With close to 275 chemists (> 50% PhD) working in state-of-the-art laboratory facilities, the Group serves many pharmaceutical and biotech companies throughout the world and is renowned for its high-quality services and problem-solving capabilities.
Mercachem is an international company and this is also reflected by the diverse nationalities of their employees.
MercachemSyncom is based at three locations:
• Mercachem BV, Kerkenbos, Nijmegen (NL)
• Syncom BV, Zernike Park, Groningen (NL)
• Mercachem Prague (CZ), GMP kilolab facility
MercachemSyncom’s company ethos of open communication and shared knowledge requires an open-doors policy. This is reflected in the design of their buildings, which facilitates close working relationships.
He/she act as a part of a Business Development team of MercachenSyncom and reports directly to the Head of Business Development MercachemSyncom.
- A Bachelor's or Master degree in a Life Sciences (preferably organic chemistry).
- A solid understanding of drug discovery processes coupled with a desire to develop existing knowledge.
- An established network within the (European) Pharmaceutical companies.
- A demonstrable competency in account management or business development preferably for a CRO.
- Analytical approach & problem solver.
- Skilled in performing presentations and leading meetings.
- Fluent written and spoken English language skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 30%, depending on place of residence.
- One or two days a week in the Netherlands: Nijmegen (Mercachem) or Groningen (Syncom), is desired
+31 (0) 6 – 53 17 89 48 | email@example.com
Marjo Lucker | Recruitment Consultant
+31 (0) 6 – 13 56 19 88 | firstname.lastname@example.org