Chief Scientific Officer (CSO)
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Scientific Officer will be responsible for envisioning and developing research capabilities, developing pipeline strategies, communicating with the scientific and customer communities concerning capabilities and scientific product offerings and leading the R&D function.
- Leads the process development (USP, DSP, Analytical Biosciences) and tech transfer teams that will develop, scale up high quality, readily transferable, robust, and scalable manufacturing processes that meet the needs of the company pipeline.
- Responsible for developing the company’s strategic development roadmap and supporting overall portfolio strategy and management this is more co responsible for strategy.
- Analyzes research activities of biosimilars, biotechnology and academic institutions to ensure their business pipeline is maintained and research portfolio represents innovation and scientific value achieving the organization’s research goals.
- Provides exemplary scientific input into the company’s R&D programs.
- Maintains the highest quality of scientific standards for the company’s R&D processes.
- Interacts with partners in business development, clinical development, regulatory and more to develop integrated R&D strategies.
- Maximize opportunities utilizing Pfenex’s platform and find areas for platform expansion.
- Leads and provides the evaluation and recommendation of research investments in the biopharmaceutical field to the CEO and Board of Directors.
- Develops and communicates a sharp vision for the team within Pfenex and its overall strategy and goals.
- Develops relationships with potential external partners and vendors.
- Maintain relationships with and become a trusted advisor to senior-level clients and internal leadership.
- Ph.D. with broad expertise in microbial and protein development
- 20 plus years of scientific excellence
- 15+ years of relevant, progressive and broad-based biologics development experience required
- 10+ years of managing, leading and developing others required
- 10+ years of experience in a publicly-traded and highly-regulated drug/pharma development organization required
- Possesses and demonstrates exceptional research and resource utilization skills as well as practical problem-solving capabilities
- Proven ability to work in a lean organization and creatively tackle problems using colleague networks and publicly available solutions; work independently and successfully in a matrix environment; and prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to communicate R&D strategy across interdepartmental and inter-company teams.
- Experience in collaborating with partners, universities and/or service providers.
+31 (0) 6 – 53 17 89 48 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Peter Kremer | Senior Consultant / Partner
+31 (0) 6 – 51 84 61 62 | email@example.com