Contract Manufacturing Lead
Biotalys was established in January 2013 as a spin-off of VIB (Flanders Institute for Biotechnology), and is backed by a syndicate of renowned life sciences investors. A highly experienced and dedicated team warrants the successful development of the company.
The growing demand for healthy, safe and sustainable food has increasingly imposed restrictions on agricultural practices. Therefore, improving food production efficiency in a sustainable way, while safeguarding the environment and its natural resources, is essential.
You coordinate all external manufacturing activities related to the field of fermentation, recovery and dry/liquid formulation. You are involved in the selection of the appropriate contract manufacturing organization (CMO) and act as the primary contact between the selected CMOs and Biotalys. You closely partner with the Biotalys process development team and global project teams to ensure a proper scale up from lab, over pilot to commercial scale production (>100m³). With the “begin with the end in mind” principle, focusing on “Cost of Good Sold” is of major importance.
- Hold a PhD or MSc in Biology, Biotechnology, (Bio)Chemistry, or Bio-engineering; with at least 3 years relevant industry experience;
- Knowledgeable in the large-scale production of heterologous protein-based products, and more specifically familiar with proteins and technologies for their recombinant production, analysis and characterization;
- Experience in (Agro)biological product development technology, and translating this into commercial manufacturing processes, with focus on continuous process optimization;
- Previous experience with large-scale commercial bio-manufacturing is an advantage;
- Previous experience in Ag-biotech and/or white biotech is an advantage;
Technical, professional and personal capabilities:
- Be a team player, enthusiastic and flexible, able to build bridges between groups;
- Ability to inspire and motivate others;
- Able to collaborate effectively across organizational and functional boundaries (matrix organization), and complement internal expertise with external technologies;
- Ability to build strong networks;
- Proven sense for initiative, detail and scientific rigor;
- Ability to manage different work-streams simultaneously with strict timelines for delivery;
- Excellent reporting and communication skills (fluent in English, written and spoken).
Nele Geusens, PhD, Recruitment Consultant
T: +32 497 57 08 94