Director Silicon processing
miDiagnostics is a tech start-up that develops a radically new diagnostic platform for near-patient testing that overcomes the limitations of current decentralized rapid testing: combining affordability with the simultaneous measurement of a large number of biomarkers to provide an actionable answer to the treating physician. At the heart of the miDiagnostics platform is a nanoFluidic Processor (nFP), a silicon chip that controls all required liquid manipulations fully passively, removing the need for complex and costly instrumentation. Our nFP leverages existing large-scale semiconductor manufacturing processes and tools. In its final form factor, the nanoFluidic Processor is embedded into a plastic test card with on-board reagents, the size of a credit card, and is being read out by a compact reader.
miDiagnostics is looking for an experienced engineer with expertise in managing semiconductor products from a prototype stage to high-volume production. The candidate is familiar with silicon process technology and manufacturing, where expertise in MEMS technologiesis a significant plus. A proven track record of managing complex silicon products through industry-standard qualification flows, including silicon and package reliability requirements. Experience in packaging technology is a plus. Deep engagement with external supply chain partners, including foundry, assembly and test. Close collaboration with internal HW design teams to ensure production requirements are incorporated in the product design at inception. Drive characterization of the product and production test methodology and it’s implementation.
For their diagnostics products miDiagnostics seeks candidates capable of building and analysing complex integration flows involving either CMOS or MEMS process steps. Good communication skills and experience in collaborating within a multidisciplinary team including design, system and application engineers and biologists are essential.
- You have a Master’s or preferably a PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mechanical Engineering or a related technical field
- You have at least 10 years of working experience in semiconductor product engineering, preferably in a MEMS of fab-less semiconductor company (design and sale of hardware devices and semiconductor chips and outsourcing their fabrication (or "fab") to a specialized manufacturer called a semiconductor foundry)
- You bring the experience to qualify a silicon product and apply industry-standard processes (i.e. JEDEC)
- Experience with life sciences products is a plus
- You have experience with semiconductor foundry technologies, where MEMS experience is a significant plus
- You have experience with semiconductor packaging technologies, where know how of fluid dynamics is a plus
- You have experience in managing engineering teams, external contractors, and supply chain partners
- You show a hands-on approach with excellent engineering skills and a personal drive to achieve project goals
- You are able to take initiative and work independently, while being part of a team
- You have excellent communication skills
miDiagnostics will offer you a full-time job at a fast-growing and ambitious start-up biotech company, with a market conform salary and a benefits package. miDiagnostics is an international-oriented company with close connections to two world class research institutions ( lmec and Johns Hopkins University), where you will have the opportunities to further grow in a new and exciting cutting-edge field in point-of-care diagnostics.
T: +32 497 57 08 94