Field Service Engineer
For more than 50 years now, Werfen Group has been developing state-of-the-art healthcare technologies and growing as a global leader in healthcare diagnostics. The privately-owned holding comprises a group of leading manufacturing and distribution companies and has worldwide recognition for its expertise in the specialized areas of in vitro Diagnostics, Medical Devices and Scientific Instrumentation.
Their global success rests on their continuous passion to market valuable cutting-edge technology that helps address the challenges of healthcare today. To this end, they currently have direct presence in more than
25 countries and a distribution network spanning more than 80 countries on five continents. The Group is currently ranked among the top 10 in vitro diagnostics companies worldwide, holding leadership positions in Hemostasis, Critical Care and Autoimmunity diagnostics.
In Vitro Diagnostics
Werfen Group IVD activities are the fundamentals and core business of their organization. Founded in 1966, the company is dedicated to the development, manufacturing and marketing of In-Vitro Diagnostics systems and reagents in several areas, providing high quality solutions to satisfy their customers’ needs in the Health Care sector. They are driven by their tireless dedication to R&D and product development, their international expansion strategy, and supported by their expert teams. They leverage on these to grow into a global leader in their core markets, and to deliver state-of-the-art solutions to more than 100 countries worldwide. Their products include acute care, coagulation, autoimmunity, clinical chemistry, automated urine microscopy and laboratory data management.
The Field Service Engineer is responsible for installation, repair and maintenance of systems within the Werfen portfolio.
Principal duties & responsibilities:
• Installation of new instruments
• Perform routine and non-routine technical repairs of Werfen instruments
• Perform Preventive Maintenance of the installed instruments
• Instruct customers in the proper operation, maintenance and troubleshooting
• Report all service activities in SAP by electronic service report
• Control of the car stock assigned for repairing and maintaining the instruments
• Responsible for routine interaction with sales for customer situations, updates and leads
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Service Manager
• Member of the weekend- and evening service team
• Install and configure the software of clinical applications in laboratories and hospitals
• Identify and resolve issues affecting customer´s network working closely with the hospital´s IT department
• Perform required technical training sessions
• Respond to and resolve client problems as they relate to technical software issues
• Refer more complex problems to 2nd level department
• Build customer relationships by keeping customers informed of how and when problems are resolved
• Carry out complex installs at client sites
• At least 3 year experience as a Field Service Engineer in the Healthcare sector
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues
• Must have basic skills of MS Office (Word, Excel)
• Must have basic skills of Windows and Network
• Autonomous capacity and resolution
• Language fluency: French, Dutch and English
If you are interested in this position and would like to know more about it, please contact:
Jurgen Rillaerts, Recruitment Consultant
T: +32 478 503900