R&D Manager Nijmegen
Vaxxinova International BV develops, produces and markets a wide range of innovative vaccines to protect livestock and fish against disease. We create high quality solutions to improve animal health and to support the business of our customers. We believe that innovation and excellence in research are essential to produce premium products that match the current and future requirements in animal health.
Vaxxinova is a young, international company. It is headquartered in Nijmegen, the Netherlands and has multiple sites across Europe and Asia. We invest in research to achieve our ambitious goals and we are expanding our research and development team. We are looking for talented colleagues who enjoy working in an ambitious, dynamic and flexible research environment with opportunities for further professional development.
Vaxxinova belongs to the Erich Wesjohann Group (EWG), a German based family-owned company specialized in poultry and fish genetics, nutrition and animal health. The EWG is highly committed to R&D and active in more than 50 countries.
The R&D Manager will report to the Global Head R&D, Vaxxinova International and is head of the Research Site located on the Novio Tech Campus in Nijmegen, the Netherlands.
- Managing project management teams and their objectives at the Nijmegen location of Vaxxinova International after project approval by Vaxxinova’s RD Steering Committee.
- Preparing and managing related operational and investment budgets.
- Support appropriate contacts with external and internal stakeholders relevant to the Nijmegen site, such as academia, institutes, governments and EW group-members in a professional and transparent manner.
- Networking inside and outside the company, identifying new product requirements as well as liaising with external experts for potential collaborations.
- Identifies opportunities for new products and new technologies and initiates and prepares proposals to translate these into research projects for the development of novel, innovative vaccines or the improvement of production technologies.
- Responsible for implementation of and adherence to company policies and the OECD Principles of Good Laboratory Practice at the Nijmegen site.
- Responsibility for the smooth transfer of potential products or technologies to other Vaxxinova sites.
- PhD in life sciences and/or DVM.
- Experience in vaccine product development and at least five years relevant experience in successfully leading teams of professionals.
- Preferably experience in an adjacent function such as Regulatory Affairs, QA/AC or vaccine manufacturing.
- Experience with research project management in commercial vaccine research setting is required.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and coach a team of scientists in line with company and personal goals.
- Demonstrated capability to achieve challenging targets.
- Good scientific track record as demonstrated by scientific publications and/or patents.
- Excellent English proficiency (written and spoken) is necessary.
- Excellent communication skills and a team player.
- Demonstrated ability and experience to work according to the OECD Principles of Good Laboratory Practice is essential.
- Willingness to travel
Marjo Lucker, Recruitment Consultant
Telephone : +31 (0) 613 56 19 88
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Marije Hoogendoorn, Recruitment Specialist
Telephone : +31 (0) 623 13 51 18
Email : email@example.com
Tagcloud R&D Manager Nijmegen
vaccines - veterinary - viraal - virology - R&D - Projectmanager - PhD - Animal Heath - vaccine industry - veterinary development - development - veterinary pathogenes - GLP - Head R&D - OECD - manufacturing