The R&D department of the Ofichem Group is continuously occupied with the development of new API’s. For external customers (CRO / CDMO) as well as for the purpose of their own production
A wide range of product types are developed, from new chemical entities to the development of generic API’s, products based on straightforward and complex chemistry and also herbal products.
The R&D department consists of several specialized sub divisions that closely collaborate with one another: project management, organic chemistry, analytical chemistry, QA, RA, business development and commercial production.
The Manager R&D heads the employees at the R&D (7 fte) department. It is the responsibility of the manager R&D to maintain the quality of the research and the development of new products. The Manager R&D is the link between external development and internal innovation, in which technique and commercialization are combined.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Leads the R&D department.
- Oversees R&D budget and maintains a ‘helicopter view’ on all projects.
- Responsible for investigating the viability of projects.
- Plans the transfer from technique to commercialization by calculating timelines and making quotations.
- Is responsible for the safety of the work environment areas of R&D.
- Provides the Management Team, customers and the team with progress reports.
- Takes care of decent and complete transfer of projects to the production department of Lab Ofichem B.V..
- Solves problems with regards to R&D projects and production processes of Lab Ofichem B.V..
- Communicates, influences and motivates specialists from different disciplines in product development (R&D, RA, Production, QA and QC).
- Initiates project improvement trajectories.
- Operates according to 5S on the R&D department.
- Scientific MSc degree in organic chemistry, preferably followed by a business/economics education.
- Pharmaceutical experience, preferable with API’s.
- Managerial experience.
- Accurate, independent, organized, excellent written skills in English, decisive, effective, leadership abilities, persuasiveness, customer oriented, abstract and commercial thinking ability.
Telephone : +31 (0) 623 13 51 18
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org