Product & Process Development Manager
With over 200 processing plants on five continents and sales and distribution offices throughout the world, Darling ingredients holds a leading positions in ingredients for food, feed and bio-fuel markets. Its core activity is adding value to selected organic residual flows and animal-by-products through innovative and sustainable processing. The end-products are used as natural ingredients in highly diverse markets such as pharmaceuticals, food, feed, pet food, technical applications, fertilizer and bio-energy. Darling Ingredients International presents itself on the market under the strong brand names of Rousselot, Ecoson, Rendac, Sonac, CTH and Peptan.
In this role you will work in a small R&D team for one of the Business Units of Darling Ingredients, having its laboratory at the headquarters in Son, The Netherlands. The R&D team is very well integrated in the BU, and therefore, you will be working together with colleagues from Operations, Technology, Marketing, Sales, Communication, etc. Upscaling trials are performed in (external) pilot plants and at our production locations, so traveling is part of the job. You will report to the Director Innovations.
- Initiate, manage and execute projects to develop new products and to improve existing products, and develop the required process at lab and pilot scale
- Determine the technical and commercial feasibility, and support the implementation of new products and processes in production
- Perform application experiments with our ingredients in customer products, such as pet food and feed, to support the Marketing and Sales department
- Support the organization, including the plants with trouble shooting projects
- Analyze product functionalities using structure analyses, rheology, physico-chemical, bio-chemical analyses, etc.
- Keep yourself updated on the latest trends and technologies by following literature and attending (scientific) conferences
- Liaise with research institutes, universities and technology providers and coordinate external research projects
- We are looking for a product oriented process engineer, with a Bachelor or Master in Food Technology, (Bio-) Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related
- At least 3-5 years of work experience in R&D, Technology or Production, preferably experience in project management
- Strong communication skills to build internal and external networks, and able to accept and adopt to different cultures
- Living in a 1 hour drive from our Son office ( Eindhoven region) or willing to move
- English is a must, Dutch and/or German is preferable
A creative colleague, with a drive for technology and a passion of using this to create new products, is very welcome. Within Darling Ingredients, a pro-active attitude is a must. You easily establish and develop effective relationships, be able to take decisions independently, and connect between business and Corporate teams.
- Competitive salary, depending on education and experience
- 30 holidays, holiday pay of 8%, bonus opportunity and a company pension scheme
- Mobile phone and laptop
- A great work-life balance
- International experience and exposure with people from different cultures all over the world
- Development of personal skills and knowledge, with training and education programs as deemed relevant for further development
- Independence and the opportunity to initiate or participate in projects for implementing solutions
Marjo Lucker | Recruitment Consultant
+31 (0)6 – 13 56 19 88 | email@example.com
Marije Hoogendoorn | Sr. Recruitment Specialist
+31 (0)6 – 23 13 51 18 | firstname.lastname@example.org