Project Manager R&D
Vaxxinova International BV develops, produces and markets a wide range of innovative vaccines to protect livestock and fish against disease. We create high quality solutions to improve animal health and to support the business of our customers. We believe that innovation and excellence in research are essential to produce premium products that match the current and future requirements in animal health.
Vaxxinova is a young, international company. It is headquartered in Nijmegen, the Netherlands and has multiple sites across Europe and Asia. We invest in research to achieve our ambitious goals and we are expanding our research and development team. We are looking for talented colleagues who enjoy working in an ambitious, dynamic and flexible research environment with opportunities for further professional development.
Vaxxinova belongs to the Erich Wesjohann Group (EWG), a German based family-owned company specialized in poultry and fish genetics, nutrition and animal health. The EWG is highly committed to R&D and active in more than 50 countries.
- Supervises the design and execution of research and development project plans for veterinary vaccines and/or develops vaccine technologies applicable for the veterinary vaccine market. The projects and technologies are included in Vaxxinova’s global R&D strategic plan. Research projects may involve different areas of expertise, such as virology, bacteriology, immunology, molecular biology or cell biology. The key development objective is to obtain marketing authorizations through approval by relevant authorities.
- Identifies opportunities to develop new products or to establish new technologies and prepares project proposals to translate these opportunities into research and development projects for new veterinary vaccines. Will contribute to develop intellectual property, among others, through filing patent applications.
- Reports both internally and externally through e.g. project progress reports.
- Closely collaborates with other colleagues in international project teams and with other functional disciplines.
- Coordinates the activities and development of employees reporting to the role.
- collaborative, creative and exploratory mindset with a drive to achieve ambitious goals
- PhD in life sciences (Virology, Bacteriology) and/or DVM, followed by several years of relevant experience in the (Animal Health) vaccine industry or Veterinary knowledge centers
- experience in the area of veterinary vaccine development is a plus
- knowledge of veterinary pathogens is a plus
- experience with implementation and maintenance of GLP
- good scientific track record as demonstrated by scientific publications and/or patents
- excellent English proficiency both written and spoken is required
- good communication skills
- team player
Marjo Lucker, Recruitment Consultant
Telephone : +31 (0) 613 56 19 88
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Marije Hoogendoorn, Recruitment Specialist
Telephone : +31 (0) 623 13 51 18
Email : email@example.com
Tagcloud Project Manager R&D
vaccines - veterinary - viraal - virology - R&D - Projectmanager - PhD - Animal Heath - vaccine industry - veterinary development - development - veterinary pathogenes - GLP