Regional Sales Manager - Biologics Workflow Solutions
Their innovative analytical solutions for cell and protein biology enable their customers to see more, do more, and know more, and to answer life's most important questions.
They are one of the world’s leading providers of high-performance bioanalytical measurement solutions for life science research, pharmaceutical and biotherapeutic development. With over 130,000 placements in laboratories around the world, their instruments have catalyzed brilliant scientific research described in over 25,000 peer reviewed publications. Included within a broad product portfolio are platforms for high-throughput screening, genomic and cellular analysis, colony selection and microplate detection. These leading-edge products empower scientists to improve productivity and effectiveness, ultimately accelerating research and the discovery of new therapeutics.
Molecular Devices is part of the Danaher Life Sciences Platform.
This role is responsible for the sales and revenue achievement to plan for their region and will carry a quota. Working intimately with and through the Molecular Devices direct sales team, distribution sales team and partners, the Regional Sales Manager ensures proper pre-sale qualification and presentation of the Biologics solution portfolio. Product mix includes, but is not limited to, instruments & software supplied by Danaher companies (ForteBio - https://www.fortebio.com, Molecular Devices - www.moleculardevices.com, Beckman - http://www.beckmancoulter.de), robotics and lab automation components, feasibility projects & services. The Regional Sales Manager will develop a network of lead-finding partners and work with thought leading customers to explore and drive new innovative product sales. This role will be the primary negotiator for all sales activities and will be responsible for screening potential business deals for profitability, assembling proposals and contracts. The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for enhancing the organizations reputation for new and novel products and services.
- Education: A BSc in a Life Science discipline or Engineering is required.
- 5+ years of professional sales experience in a life science laboratory environment
- Demonstrable success in large capital sales, achievement of sales goals, negotiate & closing business and development/growth of territory
- Experience selling to researchers and companies that perform Biologics research and production
- Professional, self-starter, organized and driven individual, with experience working in a field based location
- Market knowledge and commercial regional expert for life science research (Biotech, Pharmaceutical and Academic customer base)
- Experience managing sales partners and internal team members in a large geographic area or virtually
- Comfortable with 50% travel in the region
- Experience with hardware/software customization, robotics, and automated workflow development
- Understands the difference between a “product” and a “project”. Experience selling project based implementations or custom solutions
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Salesforce.com
- Experience working in a biologics laboratory environment. Understanding of the applications, and processes involved in cell line development and antibody production
If you are interested in this position and would like to know more about it, please contact:
Hannah Baumbach, Recruitment Specialist
T: +49 1718280180