The two first realized the need for such an instrument two years earlier while working on a research project involving measuring the surface area of particles using glass rack technology (a slow and tedious process requiring constant monitoring). They understood that with better-designed equipment, they could simplify the complexities of particle analysis and convey the benefits of this science to industry.
The term "micromeritics" is used to describe the science and technology of small particles. It was the the obvious choice for the name of the Micromeritics Instrument Corporation, founded by Warren Hendrix and Clyde Orr in July of 1962.
Micromeritics was the first company to market commercially automated surface area, mercury penetration, and sedimentation particle size analyzers. Micromeritics is world-renowned for its pioneering innovations in these areas and others, including porosimetry, density, zeta potential, and chemisorption analysis. The company has also led the way in the areas of liquid chromatography, density, automatic sample delivery, TPD/TPR chemisorption, balanced adsorption surface area, and DFT Plus® (NLDFT) data interpretation. The company has been granted over forty patents in these combined areas of materials characterization.
Micromeritics' corporate headquarters, manufacturing, R&D, and the Materials Analysis Laboratory are all located in Norcross (Atlanta), Georgia, USA. They have direct sales and service offices, as well as a full network of distributors, throughout the world.
Micromeritics is an ISO 9001 : 2008 company and a recipient of the prestigious "E" Award for excellence in exports, awarded in 1990 by President George H.W. Bush.
• Manage and control own costs/expenses
• Cooperate with the service engineers in the region and make sure that service situations are supported in a timely manner
• Interact with end users who have application-related issues
• Evaluate and proactively communicate what congresses, events, seminars, workshops will be attended
• Communicate to the sales and country manager on critical sales or service solutions
• Ensure proper sales reporting
• Proactively send and manage sales reports Won/Lost order reports, forecast reports in SFDC
• Provide a timely and accurate forecast per company guidelines
• Control relationships local customers, have an active role in account management
• Communicate to the organization any developments in the field in the sales organization of competitors, hiring new personnel (sales and service), opening new demo laboratory, hiring new agents etc.
• Preparation of the territory sales goals, plan for achieving them, budget formulation
• Call to customers for following up with business progress
• Send quotations to customers in a timely manner
• Update SFDC per corporate guidelines
• Communicate to the organization the opportunities for new instruments, new applications, etc.
• Ensure product mix to be promoted and sold as per company guidelines
• Inform customers promptly of new products launched in the market
• Keep effective social-business relationships with market opinion leaders-sales visits to determine customer requirements in the application of the techniques in all market segments
• Communicate market situations with manager and peers
• Find and promote more effective ways to conduct Micromeritics business
• Prepares periodic sales reports to show area sales volume and sales potential and competitive threats and activities
• Recommends product improvements, modifications, standardization, and simplification to improve competitiveness and profitability
• Driver license B
• Proactive and can-do attitude
• Experience in working with mixed cultural colleagues
• Problem solving attitude
• Experience within a commercial environment, Business to Business sales, and a proactive attitude is a nice to have
• Broad sales/marketing knowledge
• Ability to develop and implement programs
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Complete product knowledge
• Strong interpersonal, planning & organization skills
• Ability to work independent, fill your own agenda
• Intermiediate PC skills are required for the following software packages: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, CRM (SFDC) and MS Outlook
• Capable of independently creating documents and/or spreadsheets
• Presentation skills
• Stress resistant personality
• Fluent in Dutch and English
Telephone: +31 (0)6 51 127 932