Senior Research Associate Formulation
Biotalys has the ambition to transform food protection, shaping the future of sustainable and safe food supply. Biotalys is a rapidly growing and transformative food and crop protection company developing a new generation of protein-based biocontrol solutions. Based on their ground-breaking technology platform, they have developed a broad pipeline of effective and safe products with novel modes of action, addressing key crop pests and diseases across the whole value chain, from soil to plate. Their products combine the high-performance characteristics of chemicals with the clean safety profile of biologicals, making them ideal crop protection agents for both pre- and post-harvest applications.
As Senior Research Associate Formulation you are involved in the development, optimization and characterization of formulations for AGROBODYTM bioactives (proteins) to maintain product stability and shelf life and maximize in field bioavailability.
- Contribute to the development and evaluation of novel formulation technologies and co-formulants in order to maximize the stability and shelf life of AGROBODY™ bioactives and to optimize the compatibility and bioavailability of the bioactives throughout a wide range of application methods and fields
- Perform physical-chemical and analytical characterization of existing and new formulations, produced in-house or at external contract organizations;
- Plan and execute experiments independently, interpret and report the results and propose follow-up steps;
- Support the engagement with third party service or technology providers in the field of formulation to support the overall formulation strategy;
- Participate in activities performed at external contract organizations in the field of spray drying and/or spray granulation as required in the context of manufacturing activities that needs to be outsourced;
- Actively participate in functional and project teams, prioritize work based on the team deliverables and complete assignments accordingly;
- Work in close collaboration with IP and Legal.
- Bachelor or Master of Science (Bio(chemical)-engineering), Biochemistry, Chemistry or equivalent;
- At least 3 years of hands-on working experience in the field of protein characterization and/or formulation;
- Experience with analytical methods and tools for protein characterization is highly recommended ( spectrophotometry, SDS-PAGE, Western Blot and HPLC analysis)
- Skills considered as a plus are:
- Hands-on experience in formulation of crop protection products;
- Knowledge on existing formulation technologies and large-scale formulation of protein-based products;
- Experience with CIPAC methods for agrochemicals characterization;
- Experience with protein isolation, enrichment, modification and dialysis
- Experience with plant-pathogen systems and related assays
- Hands-on, pro-active and problem-solving oriented;
- High sense of quality, accuracy and detail;
- Eager to investigate and learn;
- Able to work in team, but also autonomously when needed;
- Capable of thinking out-of-the-box and open-minded;
- Passionate and a positive mindset;
- Good reporting and communication skills (fluency in written and spoken English).
T: +32 497 57 08 94