Senior Research Associate Formulation
Biotalys was established in January 2013 as a spin-off of VIB (Flanders Institute for Biotechnology), and is backed by a syndicate of renowned life sciences investors. A highly experienced and dedicated team warrants the successful development of the company.
The growing demand for healthy, safe and sustainable food has increasingly imposed restrictions on agricultural practices. Therefore, improving food production efficiency in a sustainable way, while safeguarding the environment and its natural resources, is essential.
As Senior Research Associate Formulation you are involved in the development, optimization and characterization of formulations for AGROBODYTM bioactives (proteins) to maintain product stability and shelf life and maximize in field bioavailability.
- Explore and evaluate new formulations for AGROBODYTM bioactives based on physical-chemical characterization;
- Evaluate novel formulation technologies and co-formulants to maximize the stability and shelf life of AGROBODY™ bioactives and to optimize the compatibility and bioavailability of the bioactives throughout a wide range of application methods and fields;
- Perform physical-chemical and analytical characterization of existing and new formulations, produced in-house or at external contract organizations;
- Support the engagement with third party service or technology providers in the field of formulation to support the overall formulation strategy;
- Participate in activities performed at external contract organizations in the field of spray drying and/or spray.
- Bachelor or Master of Science (Bio(chemical)-engineering), Biochemistry, Chemistry or equivalent;
- At least 5 years of working experience in a relevant position in the field of formulation;
- Experience with analytical methods and tools for protein characterization, and with CIPAC methods for agrochemicals characterization is desirable;
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in formulation of crop protection products is a plus;
- Knowledge on existing formulation technologies and large-scale formulation of protein-based products is a plus.
T: +32 497 57 08 94