Team Lead-Lead Discovery
Biotalys was established in January 2013 as a spin-off of VIB (Flanders Institute for Biotechnology), and is backed by a syndicate of renowned life sciences investors. A highly experienced and dedicated team warrants the successful development of the company.
The growing demand for healthy, safe and sustainable food has increasingly imposed restrictions on agricultural practices. Therefore, improving food production efficiency in a sustainable way, while safeguarding the environment and its natural resources, is essential.
As an experienced Team Lead you will lead a small team and use your experience to contribute to AGROBODY™ bioactive lead selection, optimisation and engineering. You will support our discovery programs using cutting-edge in vitro discovery technologies.
• PhD in biological sciences or equivalent with at least 5 years experience in biologics discovery
• Subject matter expertise in antibody discovery systems
• Track record of critiquing scientific data with the ability to identify and resolve scientific questions
• Strong line and matrix leadership skills with experience of building and motivating teams
• Motivated to drive operational excellence, including support for efficiency/productivity initiatives
• Ability to advance multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
• Track record of building collaborations internally and externally
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams and excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent reporting and communication skills (fluent in English, written and spoken).
• Positive attitude, solid work ethic and self-motivated individual desired
• Strong analytical and data interpretations skills
• A creative mind to solve scientific problems
T: +32 497 57 08 94