Technical Product Support Specialist
Eppendorf is a leading life science company that develops and sells instruments, consumables, and services for liquid-, sample-, and cell handling in laboratories worldwide. Its product range includes pipettes and automated pipetting systems, dispensers, centrifuges, mixers, spectrometers, and DNA amplification equipment as well as ultra-low temperature freezers, fermenters, bioreactors, CO2 incubators, shakers, and cell manipulation systems.
Associated consumables like pipette tips, test tubes, microtiter plates, and disposable bioreactors complement the instruments for highest quality workflow solutions.
Eppendorf products are most broadly used in academic and commercial research laboratories, e.g., in companies from the pharmaceutical and biotechnological as well as the chemical and food industries. They are also aimed at clinical and environmental analysis laboratories, forensics, and at industrial laboratories performing process analysis, production, and quality assurance.
Eppendorf was founded in Hamburg, Germany in 1945 and has more than 2,700 employees worldwide. The company has subsidiaries in 25 countries and is represented in all other markets by distributors.
Eppendorf in the Netherlands
Eppendorf Nederland B.V. started in 1986 in Nijmegen under the former name New Brunswick Scientific B.V. Since 2007 they belong to the company Eppendorf. Their office is responsible for local sales and service activities of the whole Eppendorf product portfolio. Eppendorf Nederland BV works closely together with three assigned and certificated distributors: Boom B.V., Fisher Scientific B.V. and VWR International B.V. Eppendorf Nederland BV also sell their products direct to their end customers.
Eppendorf Nederland BV is a community of more than 20 colleagues, working in the office and at the customers side; most of the employees have a science or engineer background. The Sales team consists of Sales, Product and Application Specialists. The Internal Sales and Marketing employees are supporting them with e.g. exhibitions and marketing materials. They are dedicated to support their customers, to arrange product demonstrations and to be the expert partner in life science laboratories. There are administrative functions like HR and Finance as well. Their truck driver ensures that the premium products are delivered quickly and in good condition to the customers.
The service team is responsible for all service related activities. Four service engineers are active in the field, supported by internal service coordinators.
Working for Eppendorf means being part of a professional, exciting and challenging environment with customer-focused processes, innovative technologies as well as premium products and services. Eppendorf Nederland BV is continuously aware of the ambitions, competencies and motivation of each employee. This enables them to have the right person at the right place within the organization. Eppendorf Nederland BV grant you the possibility to develop yourself with a scope of creativity in an interdisciplinary team.
Joining them means having a complete bundle of products, colleagues, managers and rules of conduct to be proud of!
Eppendorf will be the world's leading supplier of system solutions in biotechnology research.
Eppendorf shall be a synonym for customer-focused processes, innovative technologies, premium products and services to improve human living conditions.
Position in the organization
The Technical Product Support Specialist role will be part of the European Services organization and reports to the Head of Service within the regional Service organization. This position is responsible for product-related customer support to sales reps and end-users, and training of dealers and end-users in cooperation with Sales and Service.
• Act as first point-of-contact for unspecified technical customer enquiries and distribute enquiries to Service, Sales and Application, as necessary
• Answer detailed, technical customer questions related to product configuration and initiate customer service when issue requires elevation
• Triage between Service, Sales and Application support
• Provide support for sales representatives on detailed product-related queries
• Manage product-related complaints
• Investigate systematic product issues (e.g., epMotion software issues, Pipette sticky piston issue) and work with Service Team to get in-depth data from the end user
• Communicate product related issues to the regional Head of Service and Product Life Cycle Manager within Business Unit
• Execute corrective action for non-critical issues together with the Service Team, (including getting relevant information from EAG, checking inventory levels and revision version, creating catalog numbers, discussing stocking needs etc.)
• Coordinate and execute product recalls, including coordinating with lawyers (in coordination with management), providing information for BOD meetings and quarterly reports, executing the product recall with end-customers, dealers and local authorities
Secondary responsibilities (in cooperation with Sales, Operational Marketing in the Regions and Service when required)
• Support Sales process with technical expertise, e.g. participation in trade shows, product demonstrations and customer trainings
• Coordinate with Service and/or Sales to visit end-customers (where and when applicable) to assist in providing support as required
• Execute training for end-users in coordination with Service and Sales
• Complete training and provide end-user training certificates
• Execute training for dealers
• Operate in a matrix, as part of both the Market Region and the Service organization
• Serve customers of multiple cultures, frequently requiring different approach for each or answering different type of questions depending on the country
• Bachelor’s Degree in Sciences, Engineering or related subject, preferably with Life Sciences focus
• Professional experience in the field of technical product support, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
• Life science industry experience is considered an advantage
• Very good verbal and written communication skills in [Dutch and English]
• Very good skills in another, relevant language, are considered an advantage
• In-depth technical understanding of Eppendorf portfolio or relevant experience in handling technical queries within a large manufacturing organization
• Independent and self-structured working ethic
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong communication skills
The final candidate will be offered a highly attractive and competitive remuneration package inclusive of fringe benefits.
Martijn Meens, Consultant
Telephone: +31 (0)6 51 127 932
Thema Group – Partner in Life Science Recruitment
Tagcloud Technical Product Support Specialist
vacature - vacancy - functie - positie - position - laboratoriumtechnologie - labtech - laboratory - technology - lab - laboratorium - technical support - product support - service - customer service - troubleshooting - training - distributeurs - dealers - distributors